Creator Deck Media is a team founded by innovative thinkers who wanted to disrupt industry standards. These values have continued to be part of the core values of our team, as we look for people who can think outside the box and find creative solutions to challenges that arise. What you can expect from us is a group of people from various backgrounds who enjoy the collaborative creative processes that goes into creating anything from a picture or video to a marketing strategy to a full fledged brand. From our office in the heart of downtown San Francisco, we work tirelessly for our clients, but also enjoy team lunches on Thursdays, quarterly karaoke, and pursue interests ranging from photography, interior decoration, hiking, cats, travel, basketball, and snowboarding.
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic developer to add to our team. Our ideal candidate should have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and be adaptable to our dynamic environment. We are looking for someone with solid web development experience, and a good understanding of social media websites. If you get excited about writing code and seeing things work, and if you have a huge enthusiasm to learn, you'll probably like working here too. Your role at Creator Deck Media will include:
- Working on new enhancements with the platform (website and mobile).
- Helping drive technology to keep things current.
- Collaborating with the creative and product teams on improvements/features.
- Continually finding ways to improve the site, and make sure it's running smoothly.
- Troubleshooting issues on the fly.
- Solid experience developing with Ruby on Rails.
- At least 3 years of software development.
- SQL experience, preferably in MySQL.
- Basic understanding of OO Design and Unix based environments.
- Basic understanding of cloud computing.
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive team player attitude.
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies.
- Self-starter and self-learner.
- Experience developing on mobile devices
- Understand caching implementations like memcached.
- Exposure to social media development (FB, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.)
- Experience scripting (perl, ksh).
- Experience working in small teams.
- Previous startup experience.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume if you think you may be a good fit.